Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hockey after Asylum

It's been a while since I last posted on this. I have been pretty busy launching a new business along with keeping up with my commitments to the volunteer programs that I am involved with and traveling has kept me on my toes, not to mention my current workload and consultations with student athletes. However one thing I am proud of, I did not take a break on my workouts, I've kept doing something, anything, to keep progressing and moving forward.

I just recently took my after "Asylum" photos for Beachbody. I just want to share with you some photos that I've taken on my journey to getting into the shape I'm in today. Backstory: 654 days compounded into 5 photos, I've dropped 85lbs of fat and lost 32 inches across my body since day 1.

Sept. 2009
January 2010
December 2010
March 2011 
June 2011
45lb Green Bands. Holding them up
 for 5 minutes for photos was brutal,
 broke into a flop sweat.
It's been almost a month since I completed "The Asylum" using its regular schedule. I am now working through the Asylum/P90X hybrid program to work on strength while continuing to build speed and agility. I've also been tweeking the program, using a few of the P90X One on One with Tony routines to improve performance, such as UBX instead of Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. Overall, still getting that old school P90X workout, yet continuing to build performance by working more muscles in a different manor. By the way, now that I've gotten a few of the Volume 3 P90X One on One videos previewing P90X2, I am super stoked for its release later this year. Combine INSANITY: The Asylum with P90X2, and sports performance will be off the scale. Anyone who does these two programs should be able to wear a shirt saying, "I'm an Athlete!"

Recently, I was able to put my results from "The Asylum" to the test. On one of my trips, I was able to get some ice time. I had been off the ice for two months and thought I'd be a bit rusty, and of course, with all the cross-training that has been going on, I did not know how my body would react. All I can say is WOW! I noticed slight improvements on the ice as I did INSANITY, however after doing this program, I was shocked at my overall improvement on the ice. I lengthened out my stride, was able to put the power to the ice because my core was tighter and stronger, my agility had greatly improved, and my speed was phenomenal compared to the last time on the ice. I felt great, and most of the people that I talked to said I looked great as well, even those at the conference that hadn't seen me in a year. I can say without a doubt, I am a better skater now than I was 2 months ago! Sorry, no photos on the ice this time around...

Lastly, I hold more confidence in myself and my abilities everywhere I go. I may not be the best, but I feel the best. I'm only like 5'10" but I stand up to people like I'm 6'10". And the best thing is, I'm positive when I'm around people. I try to be a good influence, get them to laugh and have fun, and share my positive attitude with others. Granted, XanGo and Eleviv may be helping with that, however I believe that the tools I have now, exercise, supplementing correctly, eating correctly, and positive influences both on the outside and inside are what makes me a better person both mentally and physically. I am now able to help others to find and achieve what I have found and achieved.

As I constantly tell people now, only you are holding yourself back. If you want something enough, set your sail and get moving towards it. Positive actions lead to success! Dig Deep Everyone! Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment