Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally released from the Asylum



Thats right, I've finally hit day 30 of INSANITY: The Asylum. It was Athletic Performance Assessment day (aka Fit Test) and boy was it off the hook. It was like 8:30a.m., super warm and humid already. But I took it like a champ, gave everything I had, held back on nothing, and was almost sick after I got done. You have to work hard to get results, and thats what I did. So without further waiting, here's the results:

                                                      Day 1:     Day 15:     Day 30:
Agility Heisman:                              5 reps       6 reps     6.5 reps
In & Out Ab Progression:                21 reps     35 reps     42 reps
Pull-Ups/Lat Push-Ups:                  12 reps     17 reps     3+18 reps
Mountain Climber Switch Kicks:      35 reps     40 reps     55 reps
Agility Shoulder Taps:                     4 reps     5.5 reps     5.5 reps
X Jumps:                                      27 reps      32 reps     34 reps
Moving Push-Ups:                        3.5 reps     3.5 reps     4 reps
Agility Lateral Shuffle:                     8 reps      14 reps     15.5 reps
Agility Bear Crawl:                           4 reps       5 reps     7 reps


This extra heat and being used to the cool temperatures adds another element to the mix and you have to balance your work with breathing and smarts. Its relatively easy to overwork yourself, become light headed or dizzy, or even make yourself sick. You have to stay within your level until you are ready to move on! Thats what I did, I got results, and I probably could have done a bit more, but I risk getting hurt, getting sick, or serious injury by crossing that fine line where my limits are and going above my limit. Always be mindful of what your body is telling you, especially if you are not used to something. You can work hard, but work within your limits. 

So here is my video from this morning's fit test, enjoy.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment