Saturday, April 23, 2011

Asylum Week 1 - Day 1

"Power through! When you get tired, thats when the real work begins!" I kept this quote from Shaun T within my mind all day. Today was my first day of training with Asylum, the newest program released from Beachbody. It was crazy, and it was even crazier having an extra workout added to the bill.

My brother has a friend up this weekend and wanted to workout this morning, saw me put in the Asylum Speed & Agility DVD, and asked to work out with me. After gauging her workout level, and finding out her only training was through Yoga Booty Ballet, this workout would have her on the ground within a few minutes. So before I did Asylum, I popped in INSANITY Plyo Cardio Circuit for both my bro and his friends to do. No doubt, I got involved as well, coaching both of them on how to do the moves and giving them that extra push they need to get through the workout. It may have been the easiest workout for me, but it was the hardest they had ever worked!

After a couple hour break, I came back to the Asylum and hammered out Speed & Agility. Granted, it was the hardest I've ever had to physically work for something, but I pushed through even while tired and finished strong. The ladder still takes a bit of time getting used to, I'm not the most agile person by any means. I also have some trouble using the speed rope, I haven't really used one so its taking time to get used too as well. I also have to deal with the ceiling in my workout space, and the rope hitting objects around the room, I could use a bit more space in my den, however I have to make do with the space I have. 

I took the recommendation of Steve Edwards and did Relief, a stretch and breathing program in Asylum, and a crucial block for change, growth, and the prevention of injury. Steve posted on his blog that it would be best to use the Relief program after every workout in Asylum. I'll guarantee that, "Relief" was much needed, I was tired and sore, however, I felt so much better after this short program. I highly recommend that you use the Relief program after every workout, its 20 minutes and will help you feel a lot better! 

I would post a few pics, however I have no idea as to how on this blog. If someone could tell me, I'd appreciate it! 

Until next time, stay, "In it to win it!"

P.S. Have a safe and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment