Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vertical Plyo Day 4


What a rainy day we had in MI today? I didn't have a whole lot to do today outside, so I put some time and effort into making a highlight video (although it wasn't my best performance after being murdered by the warm-up) of my Asylum: Vertical Plyo workout. I tried to pick out a mixed bag of clips to show those that have graduated a program such as P90X or INSANITY that you should not underestimate this program. Granted, I'm not the most agile of people, as you can see in the video, but I'm hoping to see it improve by day 30. Also my back was incredibly sore when I got up this morning, however it got better after the workout and Relief. Now down to business...

Vertical Plyo is the most brutal workout in the series thus far. Shaun T has taken plyometrics to a new level with this workout. The biggest change from this plyo workout and those within INSANITY and P90X is the idea of active recovery, which targets neuromuscular patterns while recovering from the explosive strength portion of the workout. Essentially you are working, but your heart rate is still recovering, although it doesn't feel like it. Shaun T comes out right in the middle of the workout during plyo push-ups and says, "This is *****" (You can here him say it in the background on the video). Right off the bat in the warm up, he says that, "This is not INSANITY," and he is right, its more than what INSANITY was. You spend a lot of time jumping in this workout, although I spent a bit of time on the ground at the end pumping out 20 pushups for hitting the ladder during the side long jumps (you would have seen this if my camera hadn't ran out of space). Overall, this workout, I think, is the toughest one put to DVD from Shaun T to date! He said it himself, "Shaun T is getting murdered here," and so was I!

Today I also went to the store and purchased some of the foods necessary for the 14 day Asylum diet plan. Spent $90 on a galore of different dishes picked from the diet plan. Some of these dishes look really awesome, such as the Toasted Pecan and Beet salad and the Sweet Potato Hash with Turkey Bacon, and others I am going out of my comfort zone to try, like Chermoula Tofu, Eggplant, and Red Pepper Skewers. I have also made the change to my diet to align it like the one in the manual, having my starches and largest meals in the morning and smaller protien-veg meals at night. I'm up to 6 meals a day now, having a shakeology around 10pm before I hit the sack.

After today's workout, I already am feeling my legs getting sore, and my body is all over sore, but it should get better soon. Rest day tomorrow, although I may do Relief once again.

Remember, we are "In it to win it!" Pay it forward!          

No comments:

Post a Comment