Monday, April 25, 2011

Back to Core



Wow is all I have to say about today and its workouts. Today was a hard working day. I'm 3 days into Asylum and I'm feeling it like none other. I don't remember feeling like this since I did my first round of P90X back 2 years ago. I'm going to put this out there, the Asylum is no joke!

With that said, today was Back to Core, a workout that I found to be very effective for working your back all over without the need for a pull-up bar. The real key to this workout comes from the use of the bands early on in the workout to really heat up the lats, then the real work begins with the iso and pulse warrior 2 type lunges. I noticed tonight as I was playing hockey how sore they were. Further into the workout you transition to working the mid and lower back along with the lats that are already on fire. Finally the focus transitions to the mid/lower back to strengthen it while engaging your core, which you have been doing throughout the entire workout. I really noticed this tonight as well, my lower back was a bit sore on the ice tonight whenever I bent over.

Back to Core is meant to target the areas of the core that are neglected by normal core work, and beings that the core is not just in the front of you, your back is targeted in the areas that normal training doesn't target. Couple this with the constant dialogue you are having with yourself and your pain tolerance, and you've got yourself a great workout that isn't as explosive, but its tough both physically and mentally. Overall, it doesn't look intimidating, but man it should be because it's definitely the hardest back workout I've ever done to date!

Tomorrow, Vertical Plyo...... And hopefully some photos or video from my workout...

Dig Deeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment